Women’s Health Brisbane
Where to Book Regular Appointments for Women’s Health in Brisbane
Children aren’t the only people who need regular healthcare; it’s also extremely important to see a doctor who focuses on women’s health in Brisbane. It’s much easier to fight any health problem in its early stages, which means that scheduling regular check-ups, mammograms and pap smears is important to rule out problems such as breast cancer, ovarian cancer and HPV. At Clayfield Medical Centre, we offer a range of women’s healthcare services, including family planning and pregnancy care in Brisbane.
Tips Regarding Family Planning in Clayfield
If you aren’t ready to become pregnant right now, you have a variety of choices such as birth control coils in Brisbane. At Clayfield medical Centre, we can help you determine the right option for you, helping ensure that you become pregnant when you’re ready, and not before. Here are a few tips regarding effective family planning.
- Choose long-acting, reversible contraceptives. There are several options on the market today for women looking for a birth control method that’s long-lasting, highly effective and easily removable. These methods offer the best possible protection against pregnancy.
- Use condoms along with your chosen birth control method. Keep in mind that contraceptive coils and other non-barrier methods of contraception do not protect against sexually-transmitted infections.
- Get the morning-after pill before it becomes urgent. It’s a good idea to have a morning-after pill on hand if an emergency is a possibility. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about the pill to make sure you have it when you need it.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Family Planning in Clayfield
Whether you don’t want to have children, don’t want them until later or already have them, you most likely use some type of contraception. You have plenty of options when it comes to birth control, so be sure to talk to your doctor about the safest and most effective choice for you. It will also help to be aware of these common mistakes – and avoid them.
- Overestimating the effectiveness of your birth control: If you’re relying on condoms alone, you’re leaving yourself more vulnerable to an unplanned pregnancy. Along with condoms, use an effective, non-permanent method such as contraceptive coils.
- Not using condoms: Even if you are using a birth control method such as contraceptive coils, implants, or injections, if you aren’t in an exclusive sexual relationship with your partner or have any concerns about STIs, you should be using condoms as well.
- Forgetting to take the pill: Birth control pills are popular, but also fallible. Keep your pills near your toothbrush or set a daily reminder on your phone – or better yet, choose a birth control method that doesn’t require that you remember it each day.
- Not realising that some medications can interfere: Tell your doctor about all medications you take before settling on a birth control method. Certain drugs can decrease the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives.
Educating yourself about birth control is an important part of informed family planning. Be sure to ask your doctor any questions you may have.
Related Services We Provide to Contraceptive Coils in Clayfield
At Clayfield Medical Centre, we offer a range of healthcare services for people of all ages, including:
- General health
- Women’s health
- Minor surgery
- Natural health and Weight Management
- Employment medicals
- Children’s health in Brisbane
Whether you are planning a family, need to schedule vaccinations for your child or have some other health concern, we can help.
About Clayfield Medical Centre
Clayfield Medical Centre offers healthcare services delivered by experienced family practitioners who focus on holistic, comprehensive care. Contact us today and schedule your next appointment. We look forward to helping you achieve the best possible health outcome through a range of services designed to help all our patients be as happy and healthy as possible.
Other Women’s Health Services
Dr Tam and the entire Clayfield Medical Centre, Brisbane staff strive to surpass your medical care expectations while providing the quality service you’ve come to know and expect.
We’re proud to offer a variety of services specifically catered to a woman’s needs, including but not limited to:
Cervical Cancer Screening
It’s our goal to help women maintain excellent health for years to come, which is why we offer cervical cancer screening examinations for female patients. We offer breast examinations and may include full STD screening during a cervical cancer screening appointment. Our doctors will always explain exactly what’s about to happen during a HPV DNA/cervical cancer screening to help you relax and feel more comfortable during the exam. We encourage you to ask any questions that you might have!
We understand that your new bundle of joy is the most precious gift you’ve ever received, and we believe that proper healthcare for yourself and your little one should begin before birth. Our Brisbane based medical staff has years of experience working with expectant mums and helping them have a happy, healthy pregnancy. We’re proud to offer routine checks, refer for any ultrasounds, antenatal screening, and any genetic testing necessary for your pregnancy.