Dr Julia Lim, General Practitioner
My mother is my greatest role model and inspiration. Even though she is not formally educated, she has been my first teacher, doctor and guide.”
Dr Julia Lim’s mother inspired her to become a physician. “I truly believe that we are all here to serve the community and I feel privileged as a doctor to be able to treat people as a whole—helping them emotionally, physically and mentally.”
Education and Professional Development
Dr Julia Lim attained the following degrees and achievements:
- FRACGP, Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Australia (2007)
- MRCGP, Membership of the Royal College Of General Practice, Royal College of General Practitioners, UK (1998)
- DCH, Diploma of Child Health, Royal College of Physicians of London, UK (1997)
- DFFP, Diploma of Family Planning, Faculty of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care, UK (1996)
- DRCOG-Diploma of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (1996)
- MBChB, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Liverpool, UK (1992)
To keep abreast of the latest in medicine, Dr Julia Lim partakes in the requirements of Continuing Professional Development. She attended the Annual Brisbane’s Women and Children’s Health Update Course as part of her special interest.
She also is an active member of the Faculty of Sexual Health, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, UK and General Medical Council UK, RCGP UK as well as the RACGP in Australia. One of Dr Julia Lim’s many professional achievements was starting the Coil Clinic at Clayfield Medical Centre when she joined in 2008. Dr Julia Lim’s skills include fitting contraceptive implants and coils.
Enjoying an Active Family Life in Clayfield
As a busy mother of two boys, Dr Julia Lim loves spending time with her family. The weekends are filled with encouraging her sons to practice their music and sport or to travel with them for their music tours or competitions here and interstate. Her other pastimes include cooking and strolling with her walking group that she started. Additionally, she enjoys listening to music, going to the movies and attending church. “I continue to grow as a Christian and enjoy the support of my local spiritual community.”
She also serves her local community as an active volunteer and member of the music support group of her sons’ school. Serving meals and fundraising are some of the tasks Dr Julia Lim has taken on. This year, she decided to join the school’s community choir which will perform at QPAC in June 2018.
Schedule an appointment with Dr Julia Lim today!